The 5th World Theatre Education Convention will be held in May, 2022. Based on ATEC Directors’ suggestions and the pandemic control policies in different countries, we have formulated the final version of action plan.The details of the events are as follows:
I. Organizer: Asia Theatre Education Centre
II. Host: The Central Academy of Drama, China
III. Theme: The Development and Construction of Theatre and Technology
1) Member and non-member schools according to Bylaws of ATEC;
2) Experts in theatre arts invited by the host;
3) Scholars, educators and related organizations interested in theatre education.
The Conference will comprise 2 parts: presentation videos sharing and online seminar.
1) Paper presentation videos: the presentation videos of papers will be collected in advance and shared online with other member schools for a limited period.
2) Online forum: speakers, guests and representatives from the audience, who are expected to have watched the videos, will be invited to the ZOOM seminar for Q & A. Four languages (Chinese, English, Korean and Japanese) of simultaneous interpreting will be provided.
VI. Schedule (GMT+8)
May 10 (Tue.), 2022
9:00 Paper presentation videos to be shared online.
May 18 (Wed.), 2022
9:00-12:00 Online Seminar Session I
May 19 (Thur.), 2022
9:00-12:00 Online Seminar Session II
May 20 (Fri.), 2022
24:00 The platform for videos sharing to be closed
Address: 4# Hong Fu Middle Rd, Changping District., Beijing, China,
Contact Person: Ju Ping
Asia Theatre Education Centre